1. You don't need friends who don't need you.
~ Carol Weston
2. One forgives to the degree that one loves.
~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld
3. The greatest gift you can give another
is the purity of your attention.
~ Richard Moss
4. The best friend is the man who in wishing me well
wishes it for my sake.
5. When you judge another, you do not define them,
you define yourself.
~ W. Dyer
6. False friends are worse than bitter enemies.
~ Scottish proverb
7. A friend to all is a friend to none.
8. Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend,
but it requires a very fine nature
to sympathise with a friend's success.
~ Oscar Wilde
9. No person is your friend who demands your silence,
or denies your right to grow.
~ Alice Walker
10. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends.
~ Marthin Luther King Jr.
For the first time in my life I had to break up with
a very dear and long time friend.
It felt hard but a relief at the same time.
Ever since I have not once doubted my decision.
When I was younger, and if someone betrayed me,
I could have never done what I did few years ago.
This friend of mine betrayed me in a manner
that showed me she never was a true friend.
When I listened to only my heart, all I could tell her was
that I was sorry, but I just could not love her again
the same way I had as a friend.
And I knew we would never rebuild what we used to have.
Once the bond was broken, it was totally broken.
I am kind of proud of myself for being able to actually do that.
The older I get, the more I realise that
we have such a short and limited time here.
We should be true to ourselves,
not live our life for others only.
This helped me a lot: