June 26, 2013

My Vintage Idol




















I have always loved Carole. And her style. 
If she still was alive, she would be a number one style icon. I think. 
I love especially her masculine style.

Carole became one of Hollywood's top comedy actresses in the 1930s. 
It was a comedy, My Man Godfrey (1936) for which she received 

an Academy Award for Best Actress nomination. 
She married Clark Gable in 1939. 
Carole was killed in a plane crash when returning from 
a War Bond tour in 1942.
She was called the "Profane Angel" 
because she was sweet but swore like a "f---ing sailor."


Pictures from here / here and here.  

Ciao,

 Bette




FOLLOW ME: FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TUMBLR | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | GOOGLE+ | FLICKR | YOUTUBE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
COPYRIGHT 2014 © BETTE'S. Powered by Blogger.